For those who have known me since 2010, know I have one of those interesting fat-to-fit stories. I lost 21 kilograms in 5 months; went from size 40 jeans to size 28 and reduced my body fat percentage dramatically. I’d made some cliff notes on what I did to achieve this over here: http://abhijitanandfitness.blogspot.in/2013/04/weight-loss-tips-and-motivation.html
Over the many months that followed, I took part in multiple fitness related activities; listing some of them here:
- Completed a round of Tony Hortons Power 90
- A round of Beachbody P90X
- Learnt how to swim
- Ran… a lot – did multiple half marathons; I also ran the full 26.2 miles (My Garmin clocked it as 4 hrs 37 minutes)
- Used to cycle for hours at length
- Bulked up; and got significant gains
But all this seems like it was a long time ago. It’s 2017 – and for the past 18 months or so, I’ve gotten no exercise and have totally lost track of any diet regimes. My clothes wont fit me anymore; my “slim fit” button down shirts are all tucked away because i fear the moment i sit down, the buttons may turn into projectiles hurting the people infront of me.
I decided to run the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2016; and, the lazy bum that I am; did no preparation thinking – if i could do it in 2014 in 1 hr 51 minutes – I can do it in 2017 with no prep in less than 3 hours. I did finish the run (2 hrs 31 minutes in case any one’s interested) – but I did so limping my way for the last 7 kilometers. My quads had become stiff by the time i had reached the 14 kilometer mark – and the entire impact of my stride went on my joints. It took 2 months for me to recover from the joint pains. Lesson learnt the hard way.
What happened to me? I could give a 100 excuses as to why “I don’t have the time to workout” – travel, personal responsibilities, customers, etc. But I know that’ll be just me fooling myself – If i wanted to, i could have found time to workout; if i wanted to – i could have followed a diet plan. But I became lazy – that’s what’s happened to me.
So yeah, I’m fat! Again! and it sucks. But I intend to change that!
I took my “before” pictures today – and in Hritik Roshan style ( http://bit.ly/2jRaO1d ), I intended to share them with the world. But then i saw them again; I look ugly – the thought of putting these on the Internet is scary. Call me a coward – but I’d rather just share my “After” pictures.
I’m good at “90 day” goals – so starting tomorrow, for the next 90 days – I will do the following:
- Follow a “Slow Carb diet” – the one that Tim Ferriss espouses in his book “The 4 hour body” – http://fourhourbody.com/ ; but with the following exceptions:
- I’ll be “Weekday Vegetarian (Watch this TED talk where Graham Hill talks about this concept: https://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian ). This basically means lots of veggies and soup.
- I’ll be consuming Whey Protein
- Sunday’s going to be my no holds barred “Cheat Day”
- I’ll follow Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size program – http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html
There; I’ve put in “On the Internet” – and shame on me if I can’t “do what I said I’ll do”.
Here’s are all the supplements I will use when following this regime.
- Musclepharm Combat
- ON Optimen
- ON Amino
- ON Creatine Monohydrate
- GNC Megamen
- Megamen Chews
- Cellucor BCAA
- Cellucor C4 Pre Workout
- Garcinia Cambogia extracts (ZeroFat)